Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Hypertext doesn't work in PDF
eric2000
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I created a report in html and pdf using Birt 4.3.1. In the report there are hypertext in a table linked to other detail table. The html version works perfectly. But the pdf version doesn't work well. The hypertext displays correctly and mouse is changed to finger when it moves into the hypertext. But clicking doesn't work at all. It doesn't jump to other table. For pdf I use default option:</p>
<p> </p>
<div>PDFRenderOption pdfOptions = new PDFRenderOption( );</div>
<div>pdfOptions.setOutputFormat("pdf");</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Any help will be appreciated.</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>I just set up a design with an internal bookmark hyperlink to a bookmark in another table. It works as expected when I run to PDF from the designer. Can you attach a design that I can run where you're seeing this not work? Thanks!</p>
eric2000
<p>Thanks for your reply. </p>
<p>Attached please find three files: rptdesign, html and pdf.</p>
<p>BTW I wrote java to generate the report. For PDF</p>
<p> </p>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">PDFRenderOption pdfOptions = new PDFRenderOption( );</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">pdfOptions.setOutputFormat("pdf");</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Do I need to add some options for pdf?</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Thank you again</div>
mwilliams
<p>On your report, if you move the bookmark from the detail row of the table to one of the elements in the table, it jumps you to the correct page in PDF as expected.</p>
eric2000
<p>Thanks for your reply.</p>
<p>I'm sorry it still doesn't work. I moved the bookmark to one element of the table. It doesn't work.</p>
<p>I hardcoded (like "1234") the bookmark and hypertext. It still doesn't work.</p>
<p>I remove the table and create a label with bookmark. It doesn't work either.</p>
<p>In all cases html works fine.</p>
<p>Could you give me your design file?</p>
<p>Does the default option support hypertext?</p>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">PDFRenderOption pdfOptions = new PDFRenderOption( );</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">pdfOptions.setOutputFormat("pdf");</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Thanks again</div>
mwilliams
<p>Try the attached. Click one of the last rows so it has to go to the next page. It only jumps to the page that the bookmark is on, so the top several do nothing since they second table starts on the first page.</p>
eric2000
<p>Thank you very much. It works now.</p>
mwilliams
<p>Great! Glad to help!
</p>