Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
HTML opening tags are converted to <
donpabloescobar
<p>I'm having a problem that I haven't been able to figure out or find a solution for after several hours. I have a table where one of the cells is a text box. The value displayed in the text box can be a list/array. I can populate the textbox with the array values but when I try to put in an HTML BR tag, the opening < gets replaced with < and the rendering fails. Oddly enough, the closing > does not get converted. This happens with any type of HTML tag as I have also tried DIV, LI, and P. The result is the same. I have also tried \r\n and generating the report as PDF. Still no linebreak.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Here is the VALUE-OF code for the text box. The "phones" field is a list of phone numbers without formatting. The code adds the formatting then appends a BR tag.</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-nocode">
<VALUE-OF>
var phones='';
if(row["phones"] !== null) {
var list = row["phones"].split(',');
for(var i=0; i < list.length;i++) {
if(list[i] !== null) {
var p = list[i].split(';');
phones += p[0].substring(0,3) + "-" + p[0].substring(3,6) + "-" + p[0].substring(6,10);
phones += "<br/>";
}
}
}
phones
</VALUE-OF>
</pre>
<p>Here is the resultant output:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-nocode">
123-456-7890<br/>555-555-1212<br/>987-654-3210<br/>
</pre>
<p>I have ensured that the format for the textbox is set to HTML and that it is set for Dyanmic Text.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Similar to this, if a field contains HTML-formatted text (e.g. it has bold or italic tags, such as those that an enhanced textarea HTML control would use), those tags are also converted to < replacing the "<" character.</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-nocode">
<div class="style_10" style=" overflow:hidden;"><span style="font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;">This is the </span><b style="font-style: normal;">description</b><div><b><i><u>of the loss</u></i></b></div></div>
</pre>
<p>What am I overlooking? Is there a better way to go about this?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Don</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
donpabloescobar
<p>I figured out the way around this is to use the attribute <strong>format="HTML"</strong> in the VALUE-OF tag. Is that still the correct way to do this?</p>