Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Grouping time data in a dashboard
Ben Sztucki
<p>Hi Guys hope you will be able to help me with my problem, </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I currently have a Birt dashboard set up that has a number of charts and tables on it. Currently i have a number of filters set up mainly using the checkbox gadget. The main problem I'm having is that I can't filter the results by time properly. At the moment I can add a gmt_time column to a filter gadget but it then includes EVERY gmt_time result and in some cases this could be 100,000 + results. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there a way for me to group them into days and have two calender gadgets start/end to determine the time period more appropriately.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you need any more details or have questions let me know. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ben</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>for the moment, there is no gadget which allow you to select a period.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The only way I know is tricky because you need to modify the dashboard/gadget manualy.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1) in your datadesign, you have to duplicate the date column</p>
<p>2) on your dashboard, create 2 date selector gadgets. Name the first one "Start date" and use the first date column of your BDO.</p>
<p>Name the second one "End date" and use the second column</p>
<p>3) Edit the .dashboard file (=xml) with the xml editor and search the operator of the first date selector. By default it is </p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-xml">
<property name="operator">eq</property> </pre>
<p>Change it to "ge" or "gt"</p>
<p>4) Repeat this with the second date selector and change the operator to <span style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">"le" or "lt"</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">5) Save and launch your dashboard normally</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Unfortunatly, if you edit/modify the date selector afterward, the operator will be change/reset to "eq".</p>
Ben Sztucki
<p>Thats great thanks I will have a look into it
</p>
<p>Could you also have a little look at another question that I have posted: </p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35501-setting-number-of-plots-on-a-line-chart/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35501-setting-number-of-plots-on-a-line-chart/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>If you could that would be awesome
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have managed to do this using reportlets the problem is that by doing that it then refreshes the cache as it is going back to the query and executing it which may not be very scalable depending on the number of users. Which is why I want to do it like this. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks
</p>