Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Upgraded Birt from 2.5 to 4.3
Stuck
<p>I have upgraded eclipse to kepler. I have upgraded Birt from 2.5 TO 4.3. My BIRT report has also been upgraded from 2.5 to 4.3. However now it does not show in the preview in 4.3.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When I try and preview a report, the 'Enter parameters' dialog appears, but the contents are blank.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How do I rectify this problem?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Stuck</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Go to Preferences -> Report Design -> Preview and choose the use external browsers option. This should work for you if you use the run option from the toolbar and not the preview pane (this has been removed in 4.4).</p>
Stuck
<p>I have a cascading parameter set. There are 3 parameters in the set.I have made the properties of each parameter 'multi-select'.</p>
<p>However on the top set - I select a parameter, I then user CTRL select to select another parameter. The following parameters in the list are not updated. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>How can I ensure the following list is updated.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Christine</p>
mwilliams
Out of the box, multiple values are only allowed on the last parameter in a cascading parameter group. If you go back into the cascading group, you'll see that the allow multi select check box has been disabled for all but the last parameter. There is a devshare that shows a way that multi select can be added for cascading parameters. Take a look:<br><br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/879-allow-multi-value-for-cascading-parameter/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/879-allow-multi-value-for-cascading-parameter/</a>
;
Stuck
<p>The problem is:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I select an item from a servers listbox, the following agents listbox is updated.</p>
<p>I then select another item from the servers listbox by holding the CTRL key down and selecting the item, the following agents listbox is not updated.</p>
mwilliams
What I'm saying is that BIRT doesn't have the ability to select multiple values in any parameter of a cascading group except for the last one. The only way this would work is to do a modification. Maybe I'm still confused. Let me know.