Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Execute all objects on report but show only one (depending on parameter).
Adam11
<p>Hello</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm creating a report with 3 objects:</p>
<p>1. Crosstable 1 (data comes from dataset with sql query).</p>
<p>2. Crosstable 2 (data comes from scripted dateset based on PGV values computed from Crosstable 1).</p>
<p>3. Chart (data comes from scripted dateset based on PGV values computed from Crosstable 1).</p>
<p>I want to make a report when 1 object will always be executed (generating data for object 2 and 3) but when I get parameter object1 or object 2 or object 3 it shows only such object. For instance I mark "only Chart" and execute document and I will see only Chart. It is possibly to make this in Birt ? Or any other alternative to navigate between those 3 objects. The problem is those tables will be a long one so user will have to scroll a long time to see another objects (crosstable 2 and chart).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks a lot in advance.for any help.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Adam</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>If you hide crosstab one, it will always run but not show. You can create a parameter that allows the user to choose an option for what they want to see between the crosstab2 and the chart and based on that selection, drop the unneeded element from the design at runtime. The drop would be done in the beforeFactory. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>reportContext.getDesignHandle().findElement("elementName").drop() would be the way to drop the specified element, I believe. This is from memory so it could be slightly different.</p>