Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic Report Headings
Trevor Best
<p>I have a report with 2 data sets, the main dataset has a load of dates in it (called Date1, Date2, Date3, etc) and I have another dataset that has some headings (columns named Task1, Task2, Task3, etc).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to be able to set the headings for Date1, Date2, etc to be the values in the other dataset.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've tried using some javascript but I don't know which event to place the code or how to address the other dataset.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>sample data and version of BIRT will be helpful in building a sample.</p>
Trevor Best
<p>I think the version is iHub 3 F-Type - I only downloaded it 2 days ago.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>mainDataset would look like:</p>
<p>Package, Date1, Date2, Date3</p>
<p>P001, 01/01/14, 01/02/14. 03/02/14</p>
<p>P002, 01/01/14, 06/01/14. 13/01/14</p>
<p> </p>
<p>metaDataset:</p>
<p>Task1, Task2, Task3</p>
<p>Issue Req, Issue RFQ, Issue PO</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The metadata will always only have 1 row in it</p>
micajblock
<p>See attached design. The trick is:</p>
<ol><li>create a global array in the beforeFactory</li>
<li>override the fetch of the meta data set to populate the array</li>
<li>have a table with the meta data but set visibility to hidden (that way the query gets executed but the table is not displayed)</li>
<li>Use the array in the main table.</li>
</ol><p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps.</p>
Trevor Best
<p>Thanks, that worked</p>