Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Attempting to get a BIRT report working inside an application running on IE10
bappoo
<p>I am launching a BIRT report inside another application (EAM from Infor) which is itself running in a browser.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If I launch the EAM, then from that call the BIRT report in Chrome it works just fine, but if I launch EAM and try to call the BIRT report in IE10, the BIRT report simply displays no content. The frameset for the viewer is displayed, but the report itself does not show up.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The report works in IE10 if you simply put the report URL in the address bar</p>
<p>I have set it to IE10 Compat mode and tried all other previous browser modes</p>
<p>EAM is either loading it in a div or an iframe, not sure which</p>
<p>I have set IE security to as low as it will go everywhere</p>
<p>The report runs fine inside EAM if I set it to preview mode (i.e. not display the frameset)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In IE10 Dev tools I see the follwoing clues:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>HTML1524: Invalid DOCTYPE. The shortest valid doctype is "<!DOCTYPE html>".</p>
<p> COMMON, line 1 character 1</p>
<p> SCRIPT5007: Unable to set property 'overflowX' of undefined or null reference</p>
<p> AbstractBaseReportDocument.js, line 171 character 5</p>
<p> SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'collect_parameter' of undefined or null reference</p>
<p> BirtNavigationBar.js, line 238 character 3</p>
<p> SCRIPT5007: Unable to set property 'overflowX' of undefined or null reference</p>
<p> AbstractBaseReportDocument.js, line 171 character 5</p>
<p> SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'collect_parameter' of undefined or null reference</p>
<p> BirtNavigationBar.js, line 238 character 3</p>
<p> SCRIPT5007: Unable to set property 'overflowX' of undefined or null reference</p>
<p> AbstractBaseReportDocument.js, line 171 character 5</p>
<p> SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'collect_parameter' of undefined or null reference</p>
<p> BirtNavigationBar.js, line 238 character 3</p>
<p> SCRIPT5007: Unable to set property 'overflowX' of undefined or null reference</p>
<p> AbstractBaseReportDocument.js, line 171 character 5</p>
<p> SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'collect_parameter' of undefined or null reference</p>
<p> BirtNavigationBar.js, line 238 character 3</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:cambria;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">This to me suggests an error when loading the BIRT frameset, but not sure </span></span>what I can do about that or how I might go about doing it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Paul</p>
<p> </p>
<p>p.s. the attached doc has a screen shot of it not working</p>
<p><br>
</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How does EAM load the BIRT Viewer? You can use the DevTools and Inspect Element and see. It's probably IFRAME.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Are you able to replicate the issue by using a simple HTML file that has an IFRAME with the URL of the report?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For a reference point, I don't have IE10 handy but I'm using OS BIRT 4.3.2 and am able to successfully load the report in an IFRAME with IE11.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When I use OS BIRT 3.7.2 and load a report in a IFRAME with IE11 (not officially supported), it does not load. However, as a workaround, in the source HTML file where the IFRAME is defined, if I add a HEAD section like below, the report will render.</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="X-UA-Compatible" CONTENT="IE=EmulateIE7">
</HEAD></pre>
<p>Regarding the <!DOCTYPE html> warning, you might want to look at the source for the EAM page and see what is defined as the first line.</p>
bappoo
<p>Thanks for the pointers Clement, I will check the source and version and do the simple iframe test (assuming that's how EAM is doing it). Will report back later....</p>