Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Exporting report to DOCX add too many paragraphs
jhelbling_reportingsoft
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>(using BIRT 4.3.0)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a very simple report which consists of the following :</p>
<p> </p>
<p>- One Grid with 2 columns and 1 line.</p>
<p>- 2 Tables places in each cell of the Grid</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The aim is to render 2 tables side by side and this is working fine.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My problem is that when I export the report to DOCX, a paragraph is added just before the table on the right side. I tried to set the table display property to "inline", but it doesn't help.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't have the problem if I replace the 2 tables with 2 labels.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Attached you can find a sample report based on classicmodels which reproduces the issue.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is that expected ? Am I missing something ? Is that a bug ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Cheers,</p>
<p>Julien</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jhelbling_reportingsoft
<p><span style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">To illustrate what I mean, I want to get rid of the paragraph displayed in the attached screenshot.</span></p>
mwilliams
<p>I do not see the same issue. What is your version of Office? I'm using 2010.</p>
jhelbling_reportingsoft
<p>I could reproduce the issue with both Office 2010 and 2013.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Once opened in Word, did you ensure to have the paragraph sign displayed ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And also, did you try to export the report with separated run and render phases ?</p>
jhelbling_reportingsoft
<p>Could you maybe post the generated DOCX document so that I can check on my side how it looks like in my Ms-Word ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you very much.</p>
mwilliams
<p>When I click on the show paragraphs, I do see the same as you. It does not appear that way, otherwise. Is this causing an issue for you?</p>
jhelbling_reportingsoft
<p>Ok, thanks for the confirmation.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Unfortunately this is causing a problem because the real report is much more complex and this is causing big alignment issues. We have to export to Word (PDF is not an option here) because end users need to modify/adapt the content once exported. Due to the complexity of the report, enabling the paragrpah markers is (almost) an obligation.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For the time being I filled this bug : <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=449442'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=449442</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Cheers</p>
mwilliams
<p>Depending on the complexity of things, we could possibly create a single dataset with the two different datasets merged together, then use a single table. This might solve your issue for now. Let me know if this would be doable with your design.</p>