Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
image url validation
migueltubia
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>i have a problem with one BIRT report i'm designing with Eclipse.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have attached a image linked to a URL in my report. To serve this image, the web server needs to authenticate the user. How can i pass the auth parameters to the server?</p>
<p>The </p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
http://user:password@ip/...</pre>
<p> format doesn't work with this application (it uses Apache basic authentication, i think).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can i, for example, write a client-side javascript code (jquery) to make the authentication before getting the image?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your help.</p>
<p>Regards.</p>
<p>M.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
dsoon
<p>Yes. Alternatively you can write external Java code to make the authentication to retrieve the image.</p>
migueltubia
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thanks for you help. I have created Java code to authenticate to the web server, and I have created a jar file.</p>
<p>How can I use this code from BIRT??</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>M.</p>