Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Chart based on crosstab with multiple dimensions
mogwai
<p>I have a crosstab with 2 dimensions on the rows: district and type.</p>
<p>There are always 2 types (intervention and control) so I have 2 rows for each district.</p>
<p>A screen shot of the cross tab is attached.</p>
<p>I would like to create a chart that has Y-series grouping for every row in the cross tab, but I can only select one of the dimensions for the Y-series grouping and whichever I choose (district or type) I always get grouping on the first value for district (see second screen shot).</p>
<p>Is there a clean way to break the chart down with one line per crosstab row?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Are you looking for something more like this?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
mogwai
<p>Hi Mike,<br>
<br>
I did try that but that didn't work. The result is attached.<br>
<br>
I'm working from a crosstab and not a table. The expression I used in the Y-series grouping is<br>
data["district"] + " - " + data["type"]</p>
mwilliams
<p>I am working from a crosstab as well. I fixed the typo above (row -> data)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Attached is the report and xlsx file of data I used to create my dataset and data cube.</p>
mogwai
<p>You're an ace Mike. Thanks to your example I could see what I did wrong. I had not created Type as a level in the same group as District but as a group on its own. In the crosstab it gave the same result but in the chart it didn't work.</p>
<p>You went to a lot of effort to recreate this. I really appreciate it.</p>
mwilliams
<p>Not a problem at all. Always glad to help!
</p>