Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Auto page break pdf
Soumitri Pattnaik
<div>Hi all,</div>
<div>I am new to BIRT and I am working on a pdf report.</div>
<div>It has a header and footer in the master page and in the layout it only has a table with a data set attached to it.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The page break interval was set to 40 by default, and that is not right, cause it's always trying to fit 40 rows into one page, so the page get's cramped up.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I have set the page break interval to 0, so that it ll break page when needed, according to the content. But it is not working.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Can you help me on this?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I am using BIRT designer 4.2.2 </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>It doesn't force 40 rows onto a page if you choose 40. The rows are created exactly as you design them. If you're wanting more padding per row, you'll just need to add some padding to your elements in the property editor. To do this, select each data element or cell in your detail row and go to the padding area of the property editor and increase the top and bottom values.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Setting the page break to 0 is the way to get automated page breaks. Just be sure to set the layout to fixed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps.</p>
vinayBIRT
<p>Hi All,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I had set the page break to 0 and the layout is set to fixed, but the page breaks are not automated.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please help!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Vinay</p>