Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Calculating an average of a table column and using it in a new calculated column of the same table
zjeriet
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a table with measurements in one column. Now I want to normalize these measurements. Means calculating the average of these measurements and then create a new column which contains a measurement minus the calculated average.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My approach was using a page variable.</p>
<p>I managed to create a new column in the table which takes the measurement value and subtracts the page variable.</p>
<p>But I'm having trouble assigning the page variable the average value of the measurement column.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any ideas on this one?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Gerrit</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi Gerrit,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Unless I am missing something in your question, you don't need a page variable here. All you need to do is create an AVERAGE aggregation on measurements at the table level, and then create a new data item that subtract the AVERAGE aggregation from measurement. Example attached.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
zjeriet
<p>Hi pricher,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your solution.</p>
<p>That's indeed an easy one.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I also found a way but it's really the long way home.</p>
<p>I've created a page variable, calculated the average on the onFetch event of the data set and then used it in the calculation of the new column.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Again thanks for your help</p>