Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
sr_Latn_RS is not formatting month names when exported via Excel
jdewells25
<p>When I view a report using our report servlet, the translation works without a problem. When I try exporting this, the translation is lost and the locale defaults to my own.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If I was to use, say, French as a locale by setting the following:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-nocode">
task.setLocale(new ULocale("fr"));
paramsMap.put("__locale", "fr");
</pre>
<p>then I'm rewarded with <strong>17 décembre 13</strong>, both on the report and the export of the report. The custom cell format code is "<strong>[$-40C]d mmmm yy hh:mm:ss</strong>". All good!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When I try the same thing with:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-nocode">
task.setLocale(new ULocale("sr_Latn_RS"));
paramsMap.put("__locale", "sr_Latn_RS");
</pre>
<p>then I see <strong>17 decembar 2013</strong> on the report...but only <strong>17 December 2013</strong> in the export. The actual data for the cell showing that value is <strong>17/12/2013</strong>, and the custom format code being applied to it is "<strong>d mmmm yy hh:mm:ss</strong>".</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Just for good measure I tried with</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-nocode">
task.setLocale(new ULocale("sr","Latn","RS"))
</pre>
<p>but had just as much luck.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would love some insight from anyone who can give any.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Month should be "MMMM" (it is case sensitive)</p>
jdewells25
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="131901" data-time="1415290546">
<div>
<p>Month should be "MMMM" (it is case sensitive)</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Could you please read the question before offering an answer.</p>
jdewells25
<p>I have ported this post over to <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26863206/sr-latn-rs-is-not-formatting-month-names-when-exported-via-excel'>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26863206/sr-latn-rs-is-not-formatting-month-names-when-exported-via-excel</a>
. </p>