Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic Footer in masterpage based on the value in the dataset field
Sumeet Shetty
<p>Hello Everyone,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am new to BIRT designing. So please be a little patient </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a requirement to display the footer of my master page dynamically. To achieve this i have followed the following steps like we do in the Layout tab of the report.</p>
<p>1) In the master page for the section of the footer, I have defined a grid with 3 rows and in each of the rows i have defined inner grids. I want to set visibility conditions for each of the 3 rows based on the value in a dataset field and display just one of the 3 rows as footer in the report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The problem is that i cannot choose the dataset values in the visibility part.</p>
<p> I read in one of the threads that <span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> the Master pages in BIRT are static and are </span><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">created just once.</span></p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </span></p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Is there a way to get around this. Please someone guide me through </span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Thanks</span></p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Any way you can attach a simple example using the Classic Models sample database or another type of data you can provide with the sample so I can see what you're wanting? I think I have a rough idea of a way to do what you're wanting if I understand the issue, but I want to test it out, first. Thanks.
binulukose
<p>Jason, any solution for this ? i am in a similar situation where i need to have a dynamic footer.</p>