Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
how to fetch data binding in drilldown feature of chart area
Arif shah
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Usually, If click on the interactivity feature of y values series of a chart, we can pass different fields of data binding to the parameter of the drilldown chart</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is it possible to access the same data binding while trying to achieve the drilldown in the interactivity feature of the chart area instead of the y value series?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Arif</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You could create global variables within the afterDataSetFilled script method in your chart and then call this global variable through the reportContext in your drill down. I could provide an example if necessary. Just let me know your BIRT version.
Arif shah
<p>Hi Williams,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>That will be very helpful if you could provide an example. I am using Birt 4.3</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Arif</p>
Arif shah
<p>Hi Williams,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Kindly note that I have 15 speedometers and every one is using the same dataset with different filters. Also, every speedometer is supposed to send atleast two different values while two field values are common amongst all fifteen speedometers.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ofcourse, I am not supposing you to provide me an example containing fifteen speedomters, but I wanted to explain my scenario so that given your experience, I think you can give me an efficient way of sending these paramters/fields in the drilldown of chart area</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Arif</p>
mwilliams
<p>I'll just send you a simple example showing a single meter chart that drills to a detail based on the category. I'll get that created in your version, right now.
</p>
mwilliams
Okay. I actually made one with a meter chart for each product line and have the drill down working for each. The only script used can be found in the chart script and in the script for the value passed in the drill through interactivity. Hope this helps<br><br>Run the DrillToDetailFromAnywhereInMeterChartArea design and click on a chart.