Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Timeout setting for DB calls and Report Generation
Vishnupriya
<p>hi,</p>
<p>I use birt report engine 4.3.2 to create my reports large number of reports.. Would like to know, how the following can be achieved.</p>
<p>
1. <strong>Query Timeout</strong>: If a query is taking more than designated time, I want to timeout the query and redirect user to error page.<br>
Database type is oracle and I use JNDI with connection pool. In Dataset properties, under Advanced tab, I have set value for'&Query Time Out'. Still the query is not timingout</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2. <strong>Report Timeout</strong>: If the Report generation is taking more than 5 minutes, i want to quit generation and redirect user to error page. Does BIRT Report Engine provide such a setting ? I don't use BIRT Viewer. I have my own web application and a java application that call BIRT API to generate reports..</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,<br>
Vishnupriya<br>
</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
1. This should work. What are you setting the query timeout to?<br><br>2. There is a cancel() method on an engine task. I've not tried using it before, but you could try it. There isn't a timeout setting, so you'd have to run your own timer.