Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt pie chart value series is cut off
eric2000
<p>I created a grid and added a pie chart in the grid. I selected value series as visible and added "percentitle value data" and "value data" as values. Sometimes some value series were cut off. I tried both Leader line Style: fixed and stretch.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Attached please find the example.</p>
<p>The Birt runtime version is 4.3.1</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any help will be appreciated.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Did you fix the height of the grid or grid row?
eric2000
<p>Thanks for your reply.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I just did drag/ drop pie chart and resized the cell. Noe resize the cell again. The pie chart gets bigger but the <span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">value series are still cut off.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">I didn't fix any height.</span></p>
mwilliams
Could you recreate this issue with the sample database so I can see it and test on it? Thanks.
eric2000
<p>Thanks for your reply.</p>
<p>Attached please find an example. </p>
<p>The only way to fix the problem is to reduce percentage from 100% to 80%.</p>
mwilliams
In your example, it doesn't matter if the chart is in the grid or not. The issue is that you've changed the chart coverage to 100%. The default is 50%. It's trying to fill the whole area with the pie, leaving no room for the labels. If you change this back, it'll look as expected.
eric2000
<p>Thanks for your replay.</p>
<p>The reason I increased to 100% is that the title is outside. Our title is dynamical and 2 lines (may have different fonts). Now I have to put the title inside (if I choose 50%) otherwise too much space between the title and pie. How can I put the title with dynamic value (coding) and center it only with pie not whole (pie + legend)?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance</p>
mwilliams
This is with 90% coverage, no legend, and an external title. I don't see a huge gap here. Maybe I'm missing something.
mwilliams
Nothing gets cut off with the settings above. The only reason I said 50% earlier was because of the Chart Title and Series Title. Without those, you can put this at 90% and everything looks fine. Let me know if this works for you.