Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Can't seem find a way to set the visibility off on the Grid
Slavi
<p>Update,</p>
<p>Got it working, the solution was to take the table out of the grid. So i created a new grid and put the table between them, then it allowed it me to bind the table as a report item on both grids.Took me two days to figure it out but I guess part of the learning curve..</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">HI All,</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">I'm a complete newbie to BIRT. Went through the BIRT user guide how to create Workday report designs and </span><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">I'm using it to design a Merit/Bonus letter. </span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>In a nutshell:</p>
<ul><li>I have 3 data sets</li>
<li>an outer table with employee details - all other grids on Performance, Merit, Bonus and Lump sum go into that table/row/cell. </li>
<li>an inner table with list of bonuses placed in the grid named Bonus. </li>
<li>I have grouping on both tables and have an column binding <span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">in the inner Bonus table that </span><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">sums the Total bonus. </span></li>
<li><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">All that works ok, but I would like to hide the whole Bonus grid if the Total bonus is 0 (no bonus).</span></li>
<li><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">The column binding field Total bonus is not available in the “Available column bindings†on the Grid Bonus level to use for setting the visibility on the Grid. If I bind the Bonus data set then the aggregation of the bonuses stops working...</span></li>
<li>​I have conditioning on other grids but the data items/rows that i use for conditioning are available from the primary data set of the outer table.</li>
<li>Also a blank page is produced which I tried to a address using different suggestions from the forum with no success.</li>
</ul><p>Any ideas are appreciated? I was considering creating an array and then capture the total bonus onPageBrake for each employee and then use the relevant element arrayTB[page_nbr]==0 to to test for 0 amount and set the visibility off on the Bonus grid but i'm struggling with finding programming references how to do this. Probably there is a much simpler way.</p>
<p>Kind regards, Slavi</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Glad you found a solution. Let us know whenever you have questions!
Ka Lai
<div>Hi Slavi</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Where did you get the user guide for the workday report? Can you post a link to it?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Can you attach here an example with your solution. I don't know what you mean. With an example I can check if this help to solve my problem.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks.</div>
mwilliams
Ka Lai,<br><br>Have you figured out what you're wanting to do? If not, let me know what you're trying to achieve and I'll try to help.