Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
can't get hibernate data source to work with reports for Birt 4.x
pattyd
<p><span>Hi,<br><br>
I am interested in using my already existing hibernate setup in a CDI-hibernate-JSF application.<br><br>
Is there a plug and play plugin for hibernate to add hibernate data source? and if so how can I install it?<br><br>
I cant find anything related to these birt based hiberante libraries/plugins being present for Birt version 4.x.<br><br>
I'm using Eclipse Kepler with Reporting-Version 4.3.2 but I cant find a way to inlcude a hibernate data source in the reports.<br><br>
Since I'm using jboss AS, I even tried install jboss tools 4.1.2 to see if I can get to add a hibernate data source, but I could not do it.<br><br>
Is there any documentation or resources on smoothly integrating (connecting to) birt report to already existing hibernate backed DAOs or services ?<br><br><br>
Thanks<br>
Patty</span></p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
dsoon
<p>Have you looked into the latest jboss doc available <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://docs.jboss.org/tools/latest/en/jboss_birt_plugin_ref_guide/pdf/Birt_Reference_Guide.pdf'>here</a>?<br>
;
</p>
pattyd
<p>Yes, I have looked at this. I'm afraid we are using jboss tools 4.x which are compatible with hibernate tools 4.x and our core is solidly built on hibernate 4.x. Does this birt verion work with hibernate 4.x ? I looked around a lot and could not find anyone who got it working.</p>
pattyd
<p>Well I gave this a try anyway, and i cant seem to find JBossTools-3.2.0.GA for eclipse from their updates site(<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/'>http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/</a>)
. </p>