Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
CSVRenderOption Output is deficient
Miss_Anonymus
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm having the following problem:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to extract a report to csv format. In the following code I set the RenderOptions:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">
IRunAndRenderTask task = createTask();
String tempFile = System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir") + "temp.csv";
CSVRenderOption csvOptions = new CSVRenderOption();
csvOptions.setOutputFormat(CSVRenderOption.OUTPUT_FORMAT_CSV);
csvOptions.setOutputFileName(tempFile);
csvOptions.setDelimiter(";");
task.setRenderOption(csvOptions);
task.setEmitterID("org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.csv");
try
{
task.run();
}
catch (EngineException e)
{
e.printStackTrace();
}
task.close();
</pre>
<p>Nothing special, the task just gets the renderOption and it runs. There is also no exception or something, everything fine and there is also an output file. BUT when I open it, doesnt matter if with MS Excel or Notepad or something, there is only the first sentence of it, but no data?!?! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, I have an label on my report, then underneath it another label and underneath that I got my table from the query result. Do I have to pack it all in one table so that BIRT recognizes that it all should be convertet in csv or something like this? Why does there only the first label and not my table data appear?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm helpless.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you so much for your help!</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Miss_Anonymus
<p>Does nobody have any idea how the CSVRenderer works? :-(</p>
mwilliams
<p>What is your BIRT version? I'll take a look.</p>