Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt iHub Ftype Not loading (MISSING-LOGIN-NAME)
Chinyere
<p>I Successfully set up Birt iHub Ftype on my computer. Unfortunately, after creating reports and uploading existing reports. am unable to access the application when i tried to launch it next day. Its keeps loading forever and the this could be seen as the url :</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://localhost:8700/iportal/login.jsp?errorMessage=null&errorcode=ERRMSG_MISSING_LOGIN_NAME&__vp=Default Volume'>http://localhost:8700/iportal/login.jsp?errorMessage=null&errorcode=ERRMSG_MISSING_LOGIN_NAME&__vp=Default Volume</a></p>
;
<div> </div>
<div>Any solution please?</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>What operating system? Is it a VM?</p>
Chinyere
<p>Its windows.</p>
micajblock
<p>Has your Windows machine been in hibernate or sleep mode? Try restarting the iHub3 service.</p>
Chinyere
<p>Have done that severally. I restarted both iHub 3 service and PostgresSql for iHub 3 service .</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This happened with my first installation and the solution then was to uninstall. I lost my files in this process but i cant keep doing that because it not sustainable. </p>
pkoeck
<p>Yeah this is happening to me too. I was able to fix it once by re-installing iHub, but I really don't think that's a viable option on a regular basis. </p>
micajblock
<p>Same question. <span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Has your Windows machine been in hibernate or sleep mode? </span></p>
pkoeck
<p>Yes, but I rebooted, and also stopped and restarted iHub several times. In the relevant log file, I find this output repeated:</p>
<p> </p>
<div>SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [action] in context with path [/iportal] threw exception [java.lang.NullPointerException] with root cause</div>
<div>java.lang.NullPointerException</div>
<div>at com.actuate.activeportal.actions.AcSsoLoginAction.execute(AcSsoLoginAction.java:70)</div>
<div>at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)</div>
<div>at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)</div>
<div>at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)</div>
<div>at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)</div>
<div>at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621)</div>
<div>at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)</div>
<div>at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)</div>
<div>at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)</div>
<div>at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:51)</div>
<div>at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)</div>
<div>at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)</div>
<div>at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)</div>
<div>at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)</div>
<div>at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502)</div>
<div>at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)</div>
<div>at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)</div>
<div>at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:953)</div>
<div>at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)</div>
<div>at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)</div>
<div>at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1041)</div>
<div>at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:603)</div>
<div>at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:312)</div>
<div>at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)</div>
<div>at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)</div>
<div>at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)</div>
<div>[Thread 43] 2015-02-25 09:55:27 UTC-0500 com.actuate.activeportal.utils.LoginHandler.authenticate()</div>
<div>WARNING: LoginInfoRequired: Empty user name</div>
<div> </div>
<div>
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>This is generated in a loop when I access <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://localhost:8700/iportal'>http://localhost:8700/iportal</a>in
any of my browsers, before and after clearing my caches. </div>
bjenkins
<p>Do you see the same behavior when accessing it by "<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://hostname:8700/iportal'>http://hostname:8700/iportal"</a> and <a
data-ipb='nomediaparse' href=''>"
http://host.domain.com:8700"</a> ?</p>
;
<p> </p>
pkoeck
<p>Yes. Same behavior using my hostname.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Edit: Looks like you removed your additional comment regarding disabling SSO, but I'm leaving my response in case there's anything relevant for you:</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>My SSO entry in web.xml looks like this:</p>
<p> </p>
<div><context-param></div>
<div><description>The SP ID for SAML SSO</description></div>
<div><param-name>SAMLEntityID</param-name></div>
<div><param-value/></div>
<div></context-param></div>
<div> </div>
<div>So it looks like it's disabled already.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The pathname to get there is a little different from yours as well. It looks like this:</div>
<div> </div>
<div>BIRTiHub\BIRTiHub\iHub\web\iportal\WEB-INF</div>
<div> </div>
<div>No "modules" directory. I don't know if that's significant, but you never know. I am using the most recently provide F-Type installation. from about a month ago. Dated 1-19-2015</div>
SamBachman
<p>I am experiencing the same problem. I did not have the problem in Chrome. I did have the problem in Firefox and IE11.</p>
<p>This is on a hosted virtual sever CentOS 6.5.</p>
<p>When I reference the fixed ip address<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </span><a class="bbc_url" href="
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35679-birt-ihub-ftype-not-loading-missing-login-name/"
; title="External link">"
http://###.###.###.###:8700"</a> instead
of the hostname <span>in my index.html then the Firefox did work.</span></p>
<p><span>However, IE11 still does not.</span></p>
<p><span>Any help with a solution is appreciated.</span></p>
bjenkins
<p>Hello Sam,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1. Is the behavior identical to the original complaint? In other words, are you able to access the page when the installation of F-type completes, but unable to access it several days later?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2. Does the CentOS instance have a GUI or do you access only through a remote connection, such as PuTTy? If it has a GUI, does the error occur on the local host when using FireFox?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>3. What do you see when entering debugging mode in IE11? Do you see JS errors on the IE page?</p>