Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt + Java class
mathis1234
<p>hello,<br><br>
I wish to make a call to a Java classes from my BIRT Interface .<br><br>
But this class will not change the report.<br><br>
My report correspond to lines of information contained in the database ,including a field LIEN_XML.<br><br>
My Java class take in parameter the link to an XML file, who correspond to the value of the button i clicked.<br><br>
The class will transform the XML file with an XSL stylesheet, and create an HTML file .<br><br>
Then the class will be used to open this HTML File With Desktop.browse .<br><br><br>
My Java class Works wonderfully , but I can not make the connection between BIRT and class.<br><br>
I saw the existence of class events manager which could maybe correspond to my expectations .<br><br>
But despite of my research, I can not find any good informations about his use.<br><br>
Things I 'd like to know :<br><br>
-Do you have any links to good tutorials on the class event manager?<br>
-Do you know how to do what I am looking for ? (If so,do you have a little time for an explanation ? )<br><br>
Best regards,<br>
Mathis</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>If I'm understanding correctly, a simple thing you could do would be to do a drill through to another report design from your button/link and pass the necessary parameters there, then you could write your code to call your class in the beforeFactory method of the drill down design.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If this doesn't work for you as an option, you'll likely need to create a servlet that you can call onClick of the client-side button in your report that will execute your Java class.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps.</p>