Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Pass Script Function from Report to Chart Context
thomas.young
<p>I got into a similar situation of formatting chart label to display month name, and it did work if I place the format code in the '<span>beforeDrawAxisLabel</span>' function.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My question is, since I have many chart need the same handling, can I extract the reusable part to a stand alone function, place it in a library script, and invoke it in the '<span>beforeDrawAxisLabel</span>' function?</p>
<p>I've tried it but I failed. It seems I cann't refer functions in library from the context of chart's onRender, but I can refer these fuctions in library from the context of table cell's onRender. What's the difference? Did I miss some setting?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Note: I moved this question into its own thread.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Where are you putting your script that you're trying to use within your chart? Can you set up an example (using the classic models sample db) showing your setup?</p>