Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Scatter plot using crosstab columns
trespass78
<p>Hi all,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I need your help to build a scatter plot using two Crosstab columns.</p>
<p>What I did is to import and excel file (called "dati.xls", attached) composed by the following columns:</p>
<p> </p>
<div>x<span> </span>y<span> </span>z</div>
<div>a<span> </span>1<span> </span>123</div>
<div>a<span> </span>2<span> </span>32</div>
<div>a<span> </span>3<span> </span>432</div>
<div>b<span> </span>4<span> </span>54</div>
<div>b<span> </span>5<span> </span>6</div>
<div>c<span> </span>6<span> </span>1</div>
<div>c<span> </span>7<span> </span>23</div>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">then I built a cube as</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>X aggregation level dimension</p>
<p>Y and Z two measures aggregated on X</p>
<p> </p>
<p>then I built a crosstab and a scatter plot as shown in pic1 (attached).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What I have to do is a simple scatter plot using "Y" crosstab column as y-axes and "Z" crosstab column as x-axes without aggregating on "Z" (a simple line).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The shown preview is correct, it is what I want to plot, but when I run the report it gives to me a null pointer exception, I think it is unable to find "Z" values over the crosstab.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Could you please help me?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thanks and regards,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Massimo</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>It doesn't like using both measures. If you choose a measure for the y-axis, the category x is automatically chosen for the x-axis.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have you tried using a table grouped by x with aggregations for y and z in the group header, then use the table as your chart source instead? That should work. Let me know.</p>
trespass78
<p>Hi Michael,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thanks so much for your support.</p>
<p>Yes, using a "table" object it works correctly, but I<span style="font-size:14px;"> have to use a "crosstab" (if it is possible, at that point).</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">Do you think it is not feasible a "crosstab" solution at all?</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>regards,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Massimo</p>
mwilliams
<p>Sorry for the delay. Why must you use the crosstab? Is it for display purposes? if so, you can display the crosstab still and just hide the table. Let me know.</p>