Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Splitting a Cross-Tab into sections
john0shaw
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am trying to design a report which will split a cross-tab into different sections. I have attached the .XML (datasource.xml).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Basically, what I want to do is split it into separate tables based on <RepeatInterval> (so that each <RepeatInterval> ... </RepeatInterval> would be it's own table that I could perform calculations on).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Originally, I tried to create a normal table with two columns, one being set by RepeatInterval, and the other being a cross-tab, but I am unable to find a way to split the data set from the xml into separate sections easily.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any help would be greatly appreciated.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>You could create multiple datasets from your data source and filter on the TLName to get just what you want. Then you can use each data set to build separate crosstabs. If you need to do this dynamically then I think you'll need to use the Data Engine API to build dynamic data set's and then build your cubes later in script as well.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Take a look at <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/822-data-engine-api-to-check-data-set-values/'>this
devshare</a> to see how you can build a data set in script.</p>