Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Supporting role-based cubes
CoreyTD
<p>Hello everyone!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have one question:</p>
<p>Does BIRT support role-based cubes such as cube in SSAS ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>What is the business requirement? Role based cubes is a technical feature. What are you trying to accomplish?</p>
CoreyTD
<p> I need to implement one cube for many customers, but data should be display depending on user (Customer) - <span><em>Multitenancy Support</em></span></p>
micajblock
<p>Actuate BIRT with iHub has this functionality. There many multi-tenant features. OS BIRT is just an engine so there is no concept of users.</p>
CoreyTD
<p>I can not find this feature in BIRT.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Could you please advise me tutorial or example where I can see how implement my task?</p>
<p>How can I add user based access (so that specific users can see only data that they are allowed to see?)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you!</p>
micajblock
<p>It is documented here:</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub3-dev/adg/adg47/index.html#page/ADG/DataSecurity.html'>http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub3-dev/adg/adg47/index.html#page/ADG/DataSecurity.html</a></p>
;
CoreyTD
<p>One more question:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can I adding security to a data object without UI ?</p>
<p>I want to configuring this using files (XML etc.)</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you!</p>
micajblock
<p>Not that I am aware of.</p>