Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to convert data set from data source to connection profile
ptrhead99
<p>I've inherited a number of complicated reports with non-trivial data sets (complicated queries with a number of scripts). Each of these reports / data sets currently use individual JDBC data sources.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I need to "convert" the data sets to use a common connection profile (in an .rptlibrary). Doesn't appear to be any straightforward way. I've tried changing the data source value in the property tab - doesn't work (appears to be an incompatible type, even though connection profile is also using JDBC). I tried editing the .rptdesign file directly - no luck.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyone know of any way to convert them ? I don't want to recreate the data sets - they are complicated and I don't have the domain knowledge to do this effectively.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance for your help.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
VSafonov
<p>Have you tried opening both library and a report in the designer and Copy/Paste?</p>