Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
ColumnHints in ODA driver extenstion
cwagner
<p><span>Hello everybody,<br><br>
I'm working on an ODA driver extension for BIRT and I like to specifiy aliase for the resultset columns. It seems to be possible by using ColumnHints. Unfortunately I haven't found a useable sample or documentation how exactly to do this.<br><br>
I have found some information about it, but however it's not really clear to me:<br>
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/JAVADOCS/BIRT-4.4.1/org.eclipse.birt.doc.isv/model/api/index.html?org/eclipse/birt/report/model/api/elements/structures/ColumnHint.html'>http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/JAVADOCS/BIRT-4.4.1/org.eclipse.birt.doc.isv/model/api/index.html?org/eclipse/birt/report/model/api/elements/structures/ColumnHint.html</a><br>
;
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.programcreek.com/java-api-examples/index.php?api=org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.ResultSetDefinition'>http://www.programcreek.com/java-api-examples/index.php?api=org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.ResultSetDefinition</a><br><br>
;
Could anybody help, please?<br>
Thanks.</span></p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>If you look at the dataSetHandle, there's a columnHintsIterator.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/JAVADOCS/BIRT-4.4.1/org.eclipse.birt.doc.isv/model/api/org/eclipse/birt/report/model/api/DataSetHandle.html'>http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/JAVADOCS/BIRT-4.4.1/org.eclipse.birt.doc.isv/model/api/org/eclipse/birt/report/model/api/DataSetHandle.html</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>You might look into that.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You could also look at the source code for BIRT to see the other ODA's to see exactly how they've done aliases.
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Let me know if you run into issues.</p>