Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
X-Axis Grouping; Greyed Out
Support@WorkplaceEngineers
<p>I have successfully produced a report (Table)</p>
<p> </p>
<p><em>Rentable SqFt by Lease Expiration Year and Property"</em></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Now I am attempting to produce the same report in a bar graph, with the following assumptions;</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>YAxis = Rentable SqFt</strong></p>
<p><strong>XAxis = 1 bar per property, if that property has an RE Lease expiring that year.</strong></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Both Expiration Year and Property Name exist as Group bindings in the report (ExpYrGroup, PropNameGroup). From my experience, when I am in the Graph's properties - Select Data tab - I should be able to go to the X-Axis category and set a Sort/Group. However, when I go there, everything is greyed out.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am not able to set a second field to group on at the X-Axis category. Can someone please explain why?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you in advance.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>What version of BIRT are you using? Also, do you have optional y axis sorting on? I don't see the same on my side, could you attach an example please?</p>
Support@WorkplaceEngineers
<p>Exported Report for analysis.</p>
JFreeman
<p>This may be a limitation in 2.6.2 BIRT when the chart is inheriting the columns and groups from the container. Opening the report in a 2.6.2 designer I get the same behavior as you however, opening it in a new version such as 4.3.2 allows for modifications and additional options to the sorting/grouping on the x-axis.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have you tried adding the sorting at the table level to see if it effects the chart?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Alternatively, you could change the chart to be based on the data set versus the container. This will allow for the grouping/sorting to be set at the chart level.</p>