Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
WebService Datasource with parameters from DataSet
migueltubia
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to use a WebService as a Data Source from several points in my report, but each time i need to call to the url with different values.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The WS' URL is similar (ip/ws?host=xxxxxx&from=xxxxxx&to=xxxxxx). I need, for example, to change the host variable.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have created the XML DataSource, and one DataSet related to that DataSource.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'd like to create some Data Set parameters and, on each report's section, bind the Data Set with different values to that parameters of the Data Set. But I don't know how to bind that parameters to the Data Source, in order to construct the URL to be called.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have read that I can use report parameters to create "dynamic" Data Sources, but i need Data Set parameters. If it is not possible, I think that I'll have to create several DataSources, with the different options fixed in the URL.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is it possible to do anything like this?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!!!</p>
<p>Regards.</p>
<p>M.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>You can modify what the URL in the Data Source needs to be through scripting within the Property Binding menu in the Edit Data Source dialogue.</p>
<p> </p>
<p style="margin-left:40px;">- Open the Edit Data Source dialogue and select Property Binding from the list on the left.</p>
<p style="margin-left:40px;">- Within the Property Binding menu, the WSDL URL filed can be modified to use javascript to dynamically create the URL to be used.</p>
<p style="margin-left:40px;">- Within this scripting, params["Parametername"].value can be used to obtain the value of the of the parameter to determine how to build the URL.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For example, assuming the value set for the paramter is the host, based on the sudo code/URL in your example, it would looking something like this: <span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">ip/ws?host=</span>params["Parametername"].value<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">&from=xxxxxx&to=xxxxxx</span></p>
JFreeman
<p>Aside from my above details for how to dynamically change the Web Service Data Source URL, could you please provide additional details about your use case?</p>