Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report not adhering to dataset sorting
richie.riviere
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a birt report which uses a db2 data set. The sql in the dataset has an order by clause on a db2 timestamp column however when the report runs the data does not follow that ordering.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've checked the results of the sql in a db2 client and the ordering clause in the sql is definitely correct but for some reason the BIRT report is not following it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The column in my dataset is specified as a date time column.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can someone help me with this please.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My dates in my report look like this....</p>
<p> </p>
<div style="text-align:left;">03/03/14 15:00</div>
<div style="text-align:left;">
<div style="text-align:left;">03/03/14 18:10</div>
<div style="text-align:left;">
<div style="text-align:left;">03/03/14 17:40</div>
<div style="text-align:left;"> </div>
<div style="text-align:left;">The sql has a clause like this....</div>
<div style="text-align:left;"> </div>
<div style="text-align:left;">ORDER BY trans.txndatetime DESC</div>
<div style="text-align:left;"> </div>
<div style="text-align:left;">Bu the results as you can see in the screenshot are not ordered properly.</div>
</div>
</div>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Do you have grouping on the report? This will cause an additional sort. If you you do not want this, there is a property on the table (look under advanced) 'Sort by groups', set this to false (default is true) </p>
richie.riviere
<p>thanks that worked for me! Even though I did not have any grouping in my report at some stage I did and then I later removed them. So maybe when I did that it broke the sorting. But overriding the default option has worked for me.</p>