Aggregate Field Displaying FieldID

Options
mmacmillan74
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>I am trying to figure out why the fieldID of the aggregate field is displaying when no data is populated?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Example:</p>
<p>                       Page #: 2</p>
<p> </p>
<p>ID    Example1              Example2              Example3             Example4         Example5        Example6</p>
<p>    Count   Amount   Count   Amount   Count   Amount   Count   Amount   Count   Amount   Count   Amount</p>
<p>
Grand totals:  Aggregation_20  Aggregation_15  Aggregation_16  Aggregation_17  Aggregation  Aggregation_19  Aggregation_14  Aggregation_11  Aggregation_2  Aggregation_3  Aggregation_13  Aggregation_1</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Don't understand why this is happening.  Does anyone know how to suppress this? I have tried putting the following in the onPrepare of each field:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><b>if</b></p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>(<b>this</b>.getValue()==<b>null</b>) {</p>
<p><b>this</b>.setDisplayValue("0");</p>
<p>}</p>
<p> </p>
<p>but it does not work.  If I just say setDisplayValue("0") with no if condition...it puts a "0" into the field.  I also tried to add an "&& this.getValue().isEmpty()" to the if but no good.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Comments

• <p>Do you have a sample report you can provide that demonstrates this behavior?</p>
    <p>Could you also provide a screenshot example of the output? </p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • <p>I can't include the report, but the output is in my above post.  Looks like the BIRT code is serializing the "Aggregation_" value to the temp report, and then reads out of the temp report via the DataItemExecutor.execute().  Don't want to modify core BIRT code...not really sure I would know the right approach.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Can you think of an way to have an aggregate field print a blank string instead of the data field name?</p>
  • <p>Do we have the solution for this issue</p>