Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
adjusting dashboard to screen resolution
jjangiti
<p>I created a 2 column dashboard and added couple report gadgets to it. The dashboard seems to be working fine for me but cutting off for the user with different screen resolution. Is there a setting to make it appear the same on all screen resolutions. </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>How are your users accessing the dashboards?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Are they logging into iPortal directly or is the dashboard being displayed through a different application?</p>
jjangiti
<p>They are logging into the iPortal</p>
JFreeman
<p>In order to adjust the resolution dynamically, the first thing that comes to mind is to try and configure the gadgets themselves to dynamically re-size based on the resolution of the screen being used for viewing. I'm going to do a bit of digging but i'm thinking this is probably going to require a bit of scripting.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Alternatively, do your users receive scroll bars on the dashboard when their resolution is below the resolution in which the dashboard was designed?</p>
jjangiti
<p>Hi Jesse, </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your time. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yes, I had enabled scroll-bars for the reports on the dashboard. But the problem is that the end user has to scroll the reports to view them. </p>
JFreeman
<p>Alright, let me do a bit of digging to see what options are available to dynamically re-size the dashboard gadgets.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What is the resolution of the monitors the end users are utilizing versus the resolution you are using for development?</p>
jjangiti
<p>Thanks Jesse. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>My dev machine is 1920 x 1080 and the user machine is 1280 x 1024</p>
JFreeman
<p>Looks like this should be feasible using some JSAPI and additional scripting within custom gadgets to pull in the report elements based on bookmarks similar to using a reportlet gadget.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm working on putting together an example and I'll post it here as soon as I get it done.</p>
jjangiti
<p>Thanks so much Jesse</p>
JFreeman
<p>As a quick update, I have been able to create a 2 column dashboard (1 chart gadget and 1 table gadget) that dynamically re-sizes based on the dashboard container size within the browser.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am working on getting the code cleaned up and packaging everything together into an easily deployable example. I will attach the example relatively soon once I have everything ready to go.</p>
jjangiti
<p>Great. Thanks Jesse.</p>
JFreeman
<p>I have uploaded the dynamic dashboard gadgets example to a devshare here: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/1101-dynamic-gadgets-example-ihub-3/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/1101-dynamic-gadgets-example-ihub-3/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Take a look and let me know if you have any questions.</p>
jjangiti
<p>Thanks Jesse. I will try that out.</p>