Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Location of WorkareaMap.xml
sunil_j
Hi,
I wish to know what should be specified in mappingConfigLocation attribute of the workareaMapper tag in the tsPortletSystemConfig.xml during a Portal and TeamSite integration using TeamPortal 1.1 ?
To be very specific I wish to know what should I specify as the location of the WorkaraMap.xml in the following tags
<workareaMapper className="com.interwoven.portals.common.SimpleWorkareaMapper">
<initArgument name="mappingConfigLocation">file:./WorkareaMap.xml</initArgument>
<initArgument name="refreshPolicy">1</initArgument>
<initArgument name="debug">true</initArgument>
</workareaMapper>
Should I replace file:./WorareMap.xml ?
I need to understand what to specify for file:./WorareMap.xml ?
Can someone let me know the location ?
Regards
Sunil
TeamSite Consultant
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi Sunil
By default, when you install TeamPortal the value of mappingConfigLocation is set to "./Workarea.xml". Note that the Workarea.xml file is located in the same directory as tsPortletSystemConfig.xml. Hence, you do not not need to change this parameter unless you want to change the location of Workarea.xml (in which case you update this parameter to the correct location).
Remember that you need to change the contents of Workarea.xml to make sure that the user is mapped to the appropriate workarea. Details on that are provided in the documentation of TeamPortal.
HTH
Regards
--Anirudha
sunil_j
Hi,
Is it Set to " ./WorkareaMap.xml " or "File:./WorkareaMap.xml" ?
Should I remove File: ?
Regards
Sunil
TeamSite Consultant
Migrateduser
Hi Sunil
Leave it as is (that is it should be "file:./WorkareaMap.xml") if you do not intend to change the location of the WorkareaMap.xml.
If you do intend to place the WorkareaMap.xml elsewhere, you can remove the "file:" and make it point to a URL which indicates the location of WorkareaMap.xml.
Regards
--Anirudha
sunil_j
Hi Anirudh,
If I leave as it should be i.e file:./WorkareaMap.xml, it throws me the following error message on the MyTeamSite Portlet : "Could not retrieve user workarea. Please contact your System Administrator" .
But when I tried to debug the error and hard coded the value of the workarea Vpath as "">/default/main/portal/it/WORKAREA/it_wa", in main.jsp Then I managed to get rid of the Error message and I was able to see the MyTeamSite Portlet. Which actually means that main.jsp is not able to read the WorkArea Vpath from the WorkareaMap.xml using the code in main.jsp.
Can you help me further in solving this problem ?
Regards
Sunil
TeamSite Consultant
Migrateduser
Hi Sunil
I doubt whether there is any problem getting to the WorkareaMap.xml file. There may be a problem reading the relevant workarea inside that file. Could you copy-and-paste the contents of your WorkareaMap.xml and tsPortletSystemConfig.xml files and I will look into it?
Thanks
--Anirudha
sunil_j
Hi Anirudh,
Thanx for helping me out. Please find the contents of WorkareaMap.xml ..
<?xml version='1.0'?>
<workareaMap defaultServer="elifetest" defaultDomain="elifetest">
<user name="hadenis">
<workarea type="default">/default/main/exec/WORKAREA/exec_wa</workarea>
</user>
<workgroup name="it">
<workarea type="default">/default/main/portal/it/WORKAREA/it_wa</workarea>
<members>
<user name="powellc"/>
<user name="sunil"/>
<user name="rajesh"/>
</members>
</workgroup>
<workgroup name="finance">
<workarea type="default">/default/main/portal/finance/WORKAREA/finance_wa</workarea>
<members>
<user name="yoganam"/>
</members>
</workgroup>
<workgroup name="eng">
<workarea type="default">/default/main/eng/WORKAREA/common</workarea>
<members>
<user name='engmanager'/>
<user name='jdoe'/>
</members>
</workgroup>
<externalGroup name="hr">
<workarea type="default" >/default/main/eng/WORKAREA/external</workarea>
</externalGroup>
</workareaMap>
And Here is the contents of tsPortletSystemConfig.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<config>
<contentMapper className="com.interwoven.portals.common.SimpleContentMapper">
<initArgument name="mappingConfigLocation">file:./ContentMap.xml</initArgument>
<initArgument name="refreshPolicy">1</initArgument>
</contentMapper>
<workareaMapper className="com.interwoven.portals.common.SimpleWorkareaMapper">
<initArgument name="mappingConfigLocation">file:./WorkareaMap.xml</initArgument>
<initArgument name="refreshPolicy">1</initArgument>
<initArgument name="debug">true</initArgument>
</workareaMapper>
<cryptoSupport className="com.interwoven.portals.common.DefaultCryptoSupport">
<initArgument name="iwSecurityKey">interwoven_rocks</initArgument>
</cryptoSupport>
<pluggableModule moduleID="DirectoryReader" className="com.interwoven.portals.content.DirectoryReader">
<initArgument name="manifestRelativePath">content.iwmf.xml</initArgument>
</pluggableModule>
<pluggableModule moduleID="Crypto2" className="com.interwoven.portals.common.DefaultCryptoSupport">
<initArgument name="iwSecurityKey">interwoven_rocks</initArgument>
</pluggableModule>
<property name="version">1.0</property>
<property name="serverURI">
http://elifetest:80/iw/services/1.0</property>
<property name="webdeskURI">
http://elifetest:80</property>
</config>
Kindly help me in finding out my problem.
Thanx and Regards
Sunil
TeamSite Consultant
Migrateduser
Hi Sunil
I had a quick look at your configuration files and they seem fine. This means I would like to know more details on your use case.
Specifically:
1. What user did you log in to TeamPortal as?
2. When you logged in to TeamPortal what error messages (if any) did you get from the MyTeamSite portlet and the ContentBrowser portlet?
3. What user did you try to connect to the backed TeamSite (essentially the edit screen of My TeamSite portlet) as? Were you able to successfully do that?
4. When you went back to the main screen after step 3, did you get any error messages from the MyTeamSite portlet and the ContentBrowser portlet?
5. Any other information for your use case?
I suspect that the user id with which you are connecting to the backend TeamSite is not correct in your configuration files. Hence the error.
Regards
--Anirudha
sunil_j
Hi Anirudh,
Before I answer your questions, Can you please let me know what is the difference between "workgroup" and "externalGroup" ?
Ok now your answers:
1. I logged into the Portal as administrator.
2. Once I successfully logged into the portal, Since I did not
installed the Content Browser Portlet, I saw the error message only from the MyTeamSite portlet. The Error message was "Could not retrieve user workarea. Please contact your System Administrator". This Error message was shown when I saved my Preferences on the Preferences Form where one has to specify the User ID, Password and Domain.
On the Tomcat application Server I am receiving the following Logs :Error messages ...
Could not retrieve user workarea. Please contact your System Administrator
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.jsp.Main_jsp._jspService(Main_jsp.java:202)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)
......
3. On the Edit screen of the MyTeamSite Portlet I specified the user name as "powellc", password as "demo" and domain as "elifetest". And yes the save worked fine.
4. When I returned back to the View Mode of the MyTeamSite Portlet. and It showed me the Error message :"Could not retrieve user workarea. Please contact your System Administrator".
5. I want to let you know that during my debug process I played around with the JSP Code of main.jsp. And on the line which tried to retrieve the Workarea Vpath using JSP Code, I commented the line and hard-coded the value of the WorkareaVPath as "/default/main/portal/it/WORKAREA/it_wa",
There was No error message and I was able to see the MyTeamSite portlet view mode.
Please let me know if you need any further Information in helping me solve my problem.
Thanx Anirudh.
Regards
Sunil
TeamSite Consultant
Migrateduser
Sunil,
externalGroup is an extension element and should not be used with the out-of-the-box implementation of TeamPortal.
Workgroup should be used to group users who share a workarea.
- Navneet
watermark.png
Migrateduser
I see your problem.
You should either put domain="$default" in your user tags, or else provide domain-qualified user names.
So the entry for powellc would be either
<user name="powellc" domain="$default"/>
or
<user name="powellc" domain="elifetest"/>
HTH,
Navneet
Edited by njoneja on 08/18/03 11:07 AM (server time).
sunil_j
Thanks Navneet,
Yup it did work. Your suggestion was perfect.
Thanks a lot.
Regards
Sunil
TeamSite Consultant