Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report Engine - JAR files
skumarcse
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> In order to Embedding BIRT 4.4 into my project, I have copied all JAR files from birtruntime/ReportEngine/lib into myproject build path (WEB-INF/lib) which is around 60MB of file and which increase size of the project. Is that must to copy all JARs into project ? Can copy only required files ? Say Example I do not use Design Engine or Chart Engine. Is that anyway exclude non-required JARs in order reduce the size of the project ? Thank You.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>As long as you are not utilizing the classes within those jars and they are also not being referenced by other code/jars, it should be possible to exclude some that are not being used.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would recommend doing some testing with the jars you do not think are required removed. As long as there are no issues with your output/behavior it should be alright. Just be sure to thoroughly test for any unexpected behavior.</p>