Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Table displaying only one row
onthegomiller
<p>So, I'm fairly new to the BIRT world and I recently inherited a report that has multiple datasets. One of the datasets is only printing one row, even though the associated query returns 6 rows w/in TOAD. I've looked and looked at the query and the fetch and cannot see anything apparently wrong with it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've attached the report design file in hopes that someone can possibly help.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The report is set up as Direct Print within IBM Maximo.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance for any suggestions!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
onthegomiller
<p>One more note...it is the second dataset (PMDataset2) that is displaying only one row even though the query pulls multiple.</p>
wwilliams
<p>Been asked before</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/29723-subreport-query-fails-to-run-after-first-non-null-row-returned-for-maximo-75/?p=118178'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/29723-subreport-query-fails-to-run-after-first-non-null-row-returned-for-maximo-75/?p=118178</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>"BIRT 3.7.1 (or at least IBM's implementation of it) has a bug with scripted datasets where queries only return the first result when a nested table is encountered.<br><br><br>
A workaround is to apply a grouping on the parent table on your unique column. If you have a sub-sub-table, the table and sub-table would both need a grouping."</p>
onthegomiller
<p>WWiliams,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I modified my report based on the suggestion you made and it works great, so thanks very much.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Another unrelated question (I can open another thread if that's suggested?):</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I see that there is another 'bug' related to page breaks. I have several reports that are experiencing this. I've made changes by modifying the instances of 'avoid' (changing them to 'auto'). This has not fixed the problem.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there something I'm missing? It seems as though 'avoid' would be appropriate (more appropriate than 'auto') in order to avoid the page breaks. I've fluctuated back and forth and tested both of these and nothing seems to be taking away the initial page break at the beginning (and sometimes at the end) of the report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any suggestions?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks very much.</p>