Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt is not working in IE 11 even after adding meta tag to emulate IE 7
Pradeep82
<p>HI All,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am facing following problem.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am trying to run a Birt report using Tomcat v6.0 . It is working fine in IE7 and IE8 but not in IE 9 or IE 11.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For IE 9 I added the metatag in FramesetFragment,jsp under head as below.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>META HTTP-EQUIV=<i>"X-UA-Compatible"</i> CONTENT=<i>"IE=EmulateIE7"</i>></p>
<p> </p>
<p>It works fine in IE 9 but same is not working in IE 11. I tried to add this settings in reponse header as well but still it did not work.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any help will be greatly appreciated.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Have you tried setting IE 11 into compatibility mode for an older version such as IE 8 or 9?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have had success with compatibility mode in the past.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Which version of BIRT are you using?</p>
Pradeep82
<p>I am using org.eclipse.birt.resources_2.6.1.v20100812.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sorry my runtime version is org.eclipse.birt.runtime_3.7.2.v20120214-1408</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Isn't adding meta tag like following make it compatible to IE 7.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>META HTTP-EQUIV=<i>"X-UA-Compatible"</i> CONTENT=<i>"IE=EmulateIE7"</i>></p>
<p> </p>
<p>In IE 9 it does default to IE7 compatible mode but in IE 11 it is not doing the same operation and browser mode is showing as Edge</p>
JFreeman
<p>Adding the meta tag will be very similar to putting the browser itself in compatibility mode. However, there are some differences with putting the browser itself in compatibility mode that an emulate tag will not achieve.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have you tried setting the emulate to a newer version of IE such as 8 instead of 7?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also, could you provide additional details about the specific behavior you are seeing when it is not working in IE 11?</p>
Pradeep82
<p>Specific behaviour is that when I click in Run Report button, it opens a new tab where it shows "Precessing, please wait " but it never send request to server, hence report never shows up.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I will try to emulate IE 8 and get back to you if it works or not.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
Pradeep82
<p>It did not work even if I tried to emulate IE 8</p>
JFreeman
<p>If you open the debugging console when the issue is happening do you see any errors?</p>
Pradeep82
<p>Nope there is no error . The request itself is not going to server. It just get stuck there and keep saying "Processing, please wait"</p>
JFreeman
<p>The next step I would take in a situation like this is to perform a capture with a tool such as Fiddler or Firebug to examine the traffic occurring when the issue occurs and the request is not sent.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This will provide further insight into what calls are occurring, if there are any specific error responses being returned and which specific request is not occurring.</p>