Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to define different library data sources in reports
vidoo
<div>Hello,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I have created library which data source is .xml file (e.g. a.xml), but my problem is that in reports where I use this library I need to define different data sources for library (e.g. b.xml).</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Why I need this? Because I use this library in the different reports with different data sources.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>For example:</div>
<div>In the Report1 I need to have library data source b.xml; </div>
<div>In the Report2 I need to have library data source c.xml; </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thank you for answers!</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Okay. So, you've got a library with a data source and data set, but you don't use the library defined data source in your reports? You use different sources and want them to connect to the report defined data source instead? Is this correct?</p>
vidoo
<p>Yes, you are right. I want to use the same data source in the report and in the library, but library is also used in other reports where are others data sources. So I can't define data source in the library which will be suitable for all reports.
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to define library data source for each report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you very much for your comment!</p>
mwilliams
<p><span style="font-size:14.4444446563721px;">You can use a datasource from a library and create a new data set for each report that defines a different file. I'm assuming you want to avoid doing this so you can not define rows and columns each time with a new dataSet.</span></p>