Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Alignment issue in report when first page contains more than one table
febin
<p>Hi I am new to Birt report . I am having this wierd issue while adding more than one table in layout page . Width of first page is getting reduced and it is getting normal in the subsequent pages . First two tables are having single rows and last one is with multiple rows repeated in other page</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My Birt version is 4.3.0</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Could you please help me on this . Thanks in advance</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Check to see if the tables or columns within the tables have a width defined.</p>
febin
<p>Thanks for the reply. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I found out the cause of this issue as there seems to be some dependency with page break interval. Actually we have 3 tables in first page of layout and among this the last table is a dynamic one with n number of rows. The number of rows in first page is exceeding the page break interval with the additional two tables.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The default page break interval of third table was 40, when updated to 36(first 2 tables are taking 2 rows each) the alignment issue seems to be fixed. And now I am facing an issue with spacing between footer and table from second page onward(since the page break interval here needs to be 40 to fill the page).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there any way to set the page break interval dynamically across the pages(first page needs 36 and rest of the pages with 40).</p>
<p> </p>
<p> <span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Could you please help me on this . Thanks in advance</span></p>
micajblock
<p>That is weird. I never heard of page break causing an alignment issue. Can you build an example using Classic Models (or other sample data that we can run) so we can look at this?</p>
febin
<p>Hi Mica,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please find the sample pdf reports and report design template attached for your reference. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>Febin</p>
micajblock
<p>I asked for a report that I can run. I do not have your Java classes.Can you reproduce with something I can run?</p>
febin
<p>Hi Mica,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please find the attached zip file having the sample dto jar file and the report template. Please note that the report generation is fine without any alignment issue when previewing report in eclipse. But when we are generating reports through our application using <span style="background-color:#e4e4ff;">IReportEngine in Birt</span> the alignment gets disturbed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Kindly let me know if there is any provision to alter page break interval dynamically with respect to page(that is on first page i would like to set page break as 36 and on second page onwards page break as 40) .</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>Febin</p>
micajblock
<p>If this is specific to your application, I am not sure. One suggestion - in your application are you using the rundandrender task or 2 separate task one for run and the other for render? If you are using the former try 2 separate tasks.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The only workaround I can think of off the top of my head is 2 have two tables where the first table has visibility where row.__rownum <= 36 and the second table has visibility for the rest of the rows.</p>