Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Unwanted Page Breaks at Beginning of Report
onthegomiller
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">I see that there is a known 'bug' related to page breaks. I have several reports that are experiencing this. I've made changes by modifying the instances of 'avoid' (changing them to 'auto'). This has not fixed the problem. I still have a page break at the beginning of my report. </p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Is there something I'm missing? It seems as though 'avoid' would be appropriate (more appropriate than 'auto') in order to avoid the page breaks, rather than replacing it with 'auto'. I've tried fluctuating back and forth and tested both of these ('auto' and 'avoid') and nothing seems to be taking away the initial page break at the beginning of the report.</p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Does anyone have any additional suggestions as to what the problem could be?</p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Thanks very much.</p>
<div> </div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>What version of BIRT are you utilizing?</p>
<p>Could you please provide a screenshot that demonstrates the unwanted page breaks occurring?</p>
<p>Could you also please attach a sample report design which demonstrates this behavior for analysis?</p>
onthegomiller
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>BIRT Version is: Version: 3.7.1 - Build id: M20110909-1335</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've attached a .docx file containing screen prints and I've attached a copy of the report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you very much.</p>
onthegomiller
<p>Also, an additional note...when a single Work Order is chosen a blank page is also displayed.</p>
JFreeman
<p>Are you able to run the report in the web viewer of the designer directly instead of within Maximo?</p>
<p>If so, do you receive the same behavior?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You indicated you have been trying different configurations for the page break settings. If you change the Before page break to avoid for the overall table element the content is within, do you receive the same result?</p>
onthegomiller
<p>I modified the report just now and tested. Essentially I changed the overall table element to 'avoid' for before, inside and after. It still displays the initial blank page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regarding the web viewer: the report is set up to function as a Direct Print within Maximo so when I run it within BIRT via web viewer it is selecting everything, which equates to thousands of work orders, so it spins indefinitely. It, unfortunately, has never run to completion this way.</p>
micajblock
<p>Does the PMDataSet have one row per work order?</p>
onthegomiller
<p>Yes, just one row per work order.</p>
micajblock
<p>Then delete the group (not needed) and see if this changes anything, I have heard that Direct Print causes wierd paage breaks so it is worth a try. I did not see anything else in your report that would cause a page break.</p>
onthegomiller
<p>Well, I added the group because of the bug related to nested queries. This report was only listing the first record in a query/dataset that returned multiple. I added the grouping to resolve this. 3B on the page related to this link:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM Maximo Asset Management/page/371 BIRT Upgrade'>https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM Maximo Asset Management/page/371 BIRT Upgrade</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Without the group, the report is not displaying multiple children correctly.</p>
<p>.</p>
onthegomiller
<p>Any additional suggestions/ideas regarding this issue? I cannot remove the grouping as it alleviates the bug related to multiple children not displaying on a report with nested queries.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any help is greatly appreciated.</p>
micajblock
<p>IBM support? This is unique to IBM's implementation. Without considerable debugging I would not know. Another option would be Actuate professional services.</p>