Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Edit Source-Code of the Birt-Viewer
haglo
<div>I am using:</div>
<div>eclipse luna 64-bit (Luna Service Release 1a (4.4.1))</div>
<div>jre7</div>
<div>win 8.1 64-bit</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>1) I have installed by the Eclipse-Update-Center the following Plug-ins into the Eclipse-IDE:</div>
<div>- BIRT Framework<span> </span>4.4.1.v201408290142-DPEq8eGixAot6Wst_F1wRaIdN1Ls</div>
<div>- Eclipse BIRT Chart Context Sensitive Help Documentation<span> </span>4.4.1.v201408290142-5307w31251A192166</div>
<div>- Eclipse BIRT Context Sensitive Help Documentation<span> </span>4.4.1.v201408290142-5307w31251A192166</div>
<div>- Eclipse BIRT Documentation<span> </span>4.4.1.v201408290142-5307w31251A192166</div>
<div>- Eclipse BIRT Example<span> </span>4.4.1.v201408290142-7T7R6DZRDKeE5QAEJfU</div>
<div>- Eclipse BIRT Source Feature<span> </span>4.4.1.v201408290142-DPEq8eGixAot6Wst_F1wRaIdN1Ls</div>
<div>- BIRT Engine OSGi Runtime SDK Feature<span> </span>4.4.1.v201408290142-7977188UG5FBRLt04mD4J2q_KXM1</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>2) I have imported the Source-Code of Plug-in "org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer" into the workspace of Eclipse-IDE. All went well.</div>
<div>Attached is a picture of the workspace.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>3) My question:</div>
<div>1) Can you give me some hints how to run the Source-Code?</div>
<div>Is there a launch-Config to run the Source-Code?</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>What is on the overview tab? Typically when you create a plug-in (ODA, emitter, etc.), there is a link to launch from there, but I've never tried with the viewer source.</p>
haglo
<p>Thanks for your Reply.</p>
<p>I send you the Tab "Overview" in the attachment.</p>
<p>The Link: "Launch an Eclipse application" starts a new Instance of eclipse. But i found nothing in this new instance what is useful for me.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>special note:</p>
<p>Don't invest to much time in this post, because i think that the question of this post is to complex and i don't know in the moment, if the answer of this question will give me a good advantage. The answer would be nice to have but there are other questions which are more important.</p>
mwilliams
<p>I wasn't sure if it would edit the launch of the viewer for that separate instance of Eclipse to allow you to see the changes you've made. Have you tried it?</p>
haglo
<p>Now, until now i have nothing changed in the launchconfig.</p>
<p>I understand not exactly how you mean "I wasn't sure if it would edit the launch of the viewer for that separate instance of Eclipse to allow you to see the changes you've made."</p>
mwilliams
<p>Meaning, when you create a plugin extension for the designer and run the project through the "launch Eclipse" link on the overview page of the project, it launches with that plugin as if it's part of BIRT. So, I didn't know if when you clicked that from your viewer project if it would use the viewer you've created within the test instance of Eclipse that is launched.</p>