Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Row Level Security for Table or Data Set
Ravi Santhosh
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a requirement where the report is secured with the row level security i.e., lets consider my report displays customers and their respective countries in a table. Now a role is going to be created by the Acutate IHUb administrator with the Country name (USA -role name) and assign a user to that role. Now after publishing the report into Actuate IHUB server, if a user logged in and run the report, then he should be able to see only his countries customers records.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I tried placing the ACL expression for the Table element under Security option which is not working. Trying to place the column name in Data Set Row ACL Expression in Advanced Properties, but unable to succeed. I need to have Data to be secured.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Note: Role was given Security Read and Visible permissions in the Actuate IHub Server.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can anyone help me on this?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Which version of the iHub are you utilizing?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What is the behavior you are receiving when it is not working?</p>
<p>Are you receiving a specific error?</p>
Ravi Santhosh
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I dont know the version of the IHUB. But I tried using the data objects which is successful. But when i tried using the stand alone dataset and the table applying the ACL expression, its not working. Its not throwing any error. I have tested the Data security using the option View Report with Data Security while running the report, but not woking., displaying all records of customers.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Attached a report which has the ACL expression at table security option.</p>
JFreeman
<p>I do not see the report design attached.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Could you please attach your report design with the ACL expression in place on the table that isn't working?</p>
Ravi Santhosh
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sorry I forgot to attach the file. Here I am attaching the ACLExpressionReport.rptdesgin contains the ACL expression at Table's Security Option.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
JFreeman
<p>Looking over your report design, it looks like you are missing the group to be associated with the ACL for Page Level Security.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have modified your report to include a group on the table based on Country and modified the ACL on the table to still be the same expression of row["COUNTRY"] except it is now associated with the group I created.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Using this configuration, run the report by selecting View Report with Page Security and provide a country or countries, without quotes, separated with commas into the ACL box that appears before the report is run.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For Example: USA, Canada, UK</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have attached the modified report design for reference.</p>