Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Page Break when displaying large text
sachinr
<p>Hi Birt Experts,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I know, this issue is there from quite long time, I just want to know if it is resolved or not.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And if yes, then how.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am attaching sample report for more explanation.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Issue is, when there is large text data which cant fit in a single page, is in detail section of table, it gets page break, and header gets printed on first page where as text gets printed on second page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want header and text on same page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please let me know, if there is any solution/workaround for this.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>The grid in your sample has the Page Break for inside configured to Avoid. Changing the inside Page Break to Auto will allow for the row with the large text to be started and displayed on the same page as the header row.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please see the attached modified version of your sample with this modification for reference.</p>
sachinr
<p>Thanks for your reply.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The example you have sent worked very well.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But I have to use, dynamic text instead of Label element as my data is in html format.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When I used dynamic text for this purpose, this doesn't seem to work.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please let me know, if there is any solution/workaround for this.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am attaching sample report for same.</p>
JFreeman
<p>How did you generate the PDF you have attached?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Running this new sample you provided to PDF from the designer, my PDF is appearing as desired with the text starting on the first page.</p>
<p>See attached for reference.</p>
sachinr
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for the prompt reply.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you please check with the attached file.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have observed one thing, when type of the text if set to "HTML", this issue occurs, but when it is set to text or plain , the issue does not replicate.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you please help me with the attached file?</p>
JFreeman
<p>I am still getting the desired output running this newest design with the Content Type set as HTML.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please see the attached output from my designer.</p>
sachinr
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am still getting issue, While generating pdf with attached rptDesign file.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please note that, i am using webviewer and the export to pdf as option.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have to use frameset, as per my report requirement.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please let me know, if this can work and how.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>PFA, PDF generated for me.</p>
JFreeman
<p>It looks like viewing the report in the web viewer before exporting to PDF is part of what is causing the issue. The web viewer is adding the page break, which is being carried over to the PDF during the export. Whereas, generating the report directly to PDF creates the output as desired.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How will the report be generated and consumed by the end user?</p>
<p>Is generating the report directly to PDF instead of through the web viewer first an option?</p>
radhikamody
<p>What I want is almost the opposite. My group header has very huge text, and the size shrinks to fit it all on one page. I do not want the size to shrink. I want the page to break.<br>
Here is my report output and report design.<br>
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:11037]<br>
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:11036]<br>
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:11035]</p>
JFreeman
<p>radhikamody,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have replied to your question in the new thread you started.</p>