Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Page break not working for PDF
radhikamody
<p>I want to convert an XML into a PDF. I have a grid layout and several tables. I want the data to page break naturally, but all the data just comes on one page and the size shrinks.</p>
<p>If I insert manual pagebreaks it works, but as seen in the output PDF, the group header is too big in a table and it is not going onto the next page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have set the report layout to fixed. The containers have a width of 100 percent. I am not able to figure this out, anyone has any suggestions?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>How are you generating the PDF output?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When I generate a PDF output of the report design you have provided, the page breaks are occurring properly and I am not able to replicate the issue displayed within your preview.pdf.</p>
radhikamody
<p>I am using the view report as PDF option.</p>
<p>Are the page breaks occurring naturally for the group header as well? </p>
JFreeman
<p>As it turns out, I had used a slightly newer version of BIRT than the version your report was created with. Looking through the XML of your design, it appears you are using BIRT 2.2.2. Using the BIRT 2.2.2 designer, i am able to replicate this same behavior in PDF output.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It appears this is a known issue with the 2.2.2 release and there is a patch available. Take a look at this bug thread for the details and the patch: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=223088'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=223088</a></p>
;
radhikamody
<p>Thank you. The issue has been fixed
</p>
JFreeman
<p>Excellent, I'm glad that got it working.</p>