Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
avoid multi-step process when using report parameters
csetzkorn
<p> I am a birt newbie. When I run a web report I seem to have to first chose the values of the report parameters before I can view the report. After that, I can change the report parameters whilst viewing the report. Can I avoid the first step and run the report with some, ideally database driven default report parameter values? Hope this makes sense. </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>So, you want the first run to not take a value or take any value from the database, then, allow the user to choose their own values if they want to change them?</p>
Matthew L.
<p>The only way I would know how to accomplish this is to use a redirect report that will hyperlink to another report design.</p>
<p>You could set default parameter values on the Actual report, then create a Launcher report that has a label (with a bookmark assigned to it) in it that has a hyperlink to the Actual report. Then use client side scripting to locate the label via its bookmark and use an auto redirect to the link.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Attached is my example that was created for the Actuate iHub3 environment.</p>