Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Line chart series label gets overlapping
raj.selvaa
<p>Dear All,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Line chart Series label gets overlapping, plese find the attachment.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>if there is any way to get rid of overlapping either set position for series lables?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have tried to set the position of series label, but this option get disabled by default.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Selvakumar S</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Which version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>Is this happening in a specific output format?</p>
raj.selvaa
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using BIRT Pro trial version.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Actuate BIRT Designer Professional<br>
Version: 4.2.3<br>
Build id: v20131216</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Selvakumar S</p>
JFreeman
<p>Which chart type are you using?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you are using an HTML5 chart, this can be done within the beforeDrawDataPoint function in the client scripts of the chart.</p>
<p>For Example, in the below code I adjust the y position for only Series 1 which changes the labels to display below the line and leaves Series 2's labels above the line:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-js">
beforeDrawDataPoint: function(point, pointOptions, chart, seriesIndex, pointIndex)
{
if(point.series.name == "Series 1"){
pointOptions.dataLabels = {
y: 25
}
}
},
</pre>
raj.selvaa
<p>Hi JFreeman,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using HTML5 chart only, now its working fine based on your suggestion.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Selvakumar S</p>
JFreeman
<p>Thank you for the confirmation.</p>
<p>I am glad to hear my suggestion works for your requirements.</p>