Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Criss-crossing borders in table edges
tr.vinodkumar
<p>Hi BIRT Gurus,<br>
I observed a strange issue after generating a report.</p>
<p>The template (attached: ErrorTemplate.rptdesign) shows a grid with a single column and two rows and each row has thin border for all sides. On generating a report (attached file NoData.pdf), this shows criss-crossing in the edges of the grid on all sides. As you zoom-in the report, the criss-crossing is not visible. what is wrong with the borders? please advice.<br><br>
Regards,<br>
Vinod</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Interesting. I did not see this in the browser based PDF viewer, but I did when I opened it with the non-browser based viewer. I'm using Adobe Acrobat 11.0.10. What are you using? Hard to think it's a BIRT thing with the corners matching up when zoomed to 200%, though, I haven't really noticed this happening before.</p>
mwilliams
<p>Just checked with the other PDF viewer I have installed (Foxit Reader). It did not have the crisscrossed border lines.</p>
tr.vinodkumar
<p>Thanks for the quick reply.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>i am also using the same acrobat version that you used.</p>
<p>i tested this in foxit reader and it seems to be fine without any criss-crossing. i assume, it is safe to conclude that this is Adobe Acrobat issue
. What say?
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks again.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Vinod</p>
mwilliams
<p>I think you could say there's definitely some issue on how Adobe Acrobat interprets the iText formed PDF in that scenario, but I don't know if it's an Adobe issue or an issue with iText or the emitter that is just covered up by the Foxit Reader. Also, the browser based Adobe viewer didn't have the same issue, nor did all of the borders in the non browser based Adobe viewer, so I dunno. Very odd.</p>