Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
beforeOpen for dataset not working
OmkarR
<p>Hi All ,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am quite new to BIRT. I am trying use cascading Parameter group in which one of the List Box(say B depends on multiple selected values of previously List Box(say A). I have written beforeOpen script for data set of ListBox B which is as follows ,</p>
<div> </div>
<div>importPackage(Packages.java.io); </div>
<div>logFileName ="birt_before.log"; </div>
<div>out = new PrintWriter(new FileWriter(logFileName, true));</div>
<div>out.println("Parameter 2:"+params["ProjectType"].value.join("','"));</div>
<div>this.queryText = this.queryText.replace('<strong>ddd</strong>' , <strong>params["ProjectType"].value.join("','")</strong>);</div>
<div>out.println("queryText=" + this.queryText); </div>
<div>out.close();</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I can see values getting replaced in birt_before.log but still List Box B is fetching Null.Have verified query(in logs) by manually firing it on DB (it works). I am confused here am I missing something here?</div>
<div>Query before :</div>
<div>
<div> select upper(b.value) as FilterValue from a , b </div>
<div> where a.OBJID = b.parent_id and b.code='test' and upper('By Market') = ? and upper(a.TYPE) in ( '<strong>ddd</strong>' )</div>
<div> group by b.value</div>
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Query after replacement in Logs :</div>
<div>
<div> select upper(b.value) as FilterValue from a , b </div>
<div> where a.OBJID = b.parent_id and b.code='test' and upper('By Market') = ? and upper(a.TYPE) in ( '<strong>test1','test2</strong>' )</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Have Verified the data set with only one condition that is upper('By Market') = ? (it works)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>How come the values are getting replaced in queryText and query is not working?</div>
<div>Also interesting this is to note is if I use <strong>params["ProjectType"].value instead of </strong><strong>params["ProjectType"].value.join("','") </strong>query works but only with single value getting replaced that is 'test1'. Please help me out here....</div>
<div> </div>
</div>
<div>using BIRT version : 3.2.23</div>
<div>Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 4.3.0.v201306041519</div>
<div> </div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
OmkarR
<p>Can anyone please help me out here? Am I missing something?</p>
JFreeman
<p>Could you provide a sample report using Classic Models or a flat file data source we can run to replicate the issue you are describing?</p>