Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Oracle to Birt Migration
abhia
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have 400 odd reports written in oracle reports and want to convert them and use Birt,</p>
<p>What are the steps involved.</p>
<p>Did anyone of you do that ? If yes then please share the details.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>Abhinav</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>I've not done this myself but there does appear to be some options available.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You can export the *.rdf files to XML and then manually add the needed definitions for BIRT. It may be possible automate some of this process by writing some script/code.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Take a look a this previous thread on the topic: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/29250-migrate-oracle-reports-to-birt-report-which-is-best-solution/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/29250-migrate-oracle-reports-to-birt-report-which-is-best-solution/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>As an alternative, there does appear to be a tool that has been created for this purpose. However, I am not overly familiar with its details. Take a look at this article: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.actuate.com/be/download/release3.pdf'>http://www.actuate.com/be/download/release3.pdf</a></p>
;