Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Crosstab causes SQL query to execute multiple times
MLT
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have seen some discussions of this, but none that resolve the issue.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a simple dataset -- 8 columns</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a simple datacube -- 3 dimensions and 1 measure.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I create a crosstab using these elements. It is in the report header. No groups or detail rows in the report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Why does the report execute the query five times? I can see this in the logging window.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for any advice.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Which version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>Could you attach a sample report with the configuration you are describing we can run?</p>
MLT
<div>Hello and thanks for your quick reply. I am using Birt 3.7.1 embedded in Maximo. Thus, I am using a scripted data source. I am subject to confidentiality rules which bar me from providing a copy of the report.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>This question was raised <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/34455-cross-tab-executing-query-multiple-times/'>here</a>
, but I can confirm that problem exists even if no images in the report. This question was also raised <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/172017/'>here</a>
. I see that someone says they have a solution that involves writing a custom Java class, but this is not a realistic solution for this engagement. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>If the problem cannot be solved within the normal design process, it there at least an explanation of the cause? If there is no answer now, I will see if I can reproduce the problem in the regular Birt product.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>MLT</div>
JFreeman
<p>I cannot speak for the Maximo side of things. However, I tried to reproduce this in 3.7.1 BIRT Designer and I have not been able to. I tried using a scripted data source/set as well as JDBC with a cube that has 3 dimensions and 1 measure. In each instance I only see the data set processing 1 time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you can create a sample report in BIRT that reproduces the issue so that we can run it we may be able to figure out more.</p>